My T7810 Build - So pleasing to see so many people recycling workstations!
First off, so happy that I found this site, its beena wealth of knowledge on my build! I picked up a T7810 that had a single e5 2696v3 cpu with 16Gb ram.
I've since added:
* an additional cpu - x2 E5 26936 v3 = 36 cores
* doubled the ram to 32Gb (i'llsoon go to64Gb)
* added a pcie nvme ssd card (looking at the asus x4 nvme with RAID in the future)
* replaced the old quadro with a GTX 1080ti
* added x3 WD RED 6tb to be in RAID 5 on the dell h700 adapter with a 240gb ssd cache (used a "hot swap" 3.5" bay in the 5.25 emptybaynear the dvd drive
* added a500Gb sata ssd for VDISK storage for VM's
It's been a labour of love, and just waiting on 1 more SAS cable to arive for the H700and it will be finished!
She doesnt look pretty right now, but once the final pieces come, she'll be all wrapped up and ready to go
Planning to look into throttlestop and attempting to boost the core freq to around 3.0GHz
This has all been so much fun so far..
I'm glad to see people exploiting the capabilities of this beautiful machine. I know that the internal controller allows me to create RAID`s but it does not support cache disks for the raid`s created, is that correct?, but reading your post I found out that you can add a cache disk to the RAIDs with that controller PCIe RAID you've added.